Both of them use different philosophy in treatment. When we think about those white balls come to our mind and when we think of Ayurveda our thoughts roam around herbs. Some vital difference between these two will give you a clear view of both of them.
- The meaning of word homeopathy is “similar to disease” and that of Ayurveda is “knowledge of life”.
- Ayurveda believes in fact of preventing disease while homeopathy believes in treatment or curing of disease.
- Ayurveda believes in flushing toxin out of the body by medicines made from herbs, surgical procedures, and spices. In case of homeopathy, symptoms similar to disease is introduced into the body in a diluted form to cure disease.
- Homeopathy focuses on improving the immune system to make the body able to heal itself. While Ayurveda focuses on maintaining a balance between the three elemental energies wind, bile, and phlegm.
- Homeopathy medicines are for individuals, specific medicine for a specific person on the other hand Ayurvedic medicine is not so individualized.
- Homeopathy followers believe in “vital force” philosophy. Ayurveda finds yoga as the best medicine.
- Ayurveda is in favor of allopathic medicines while homeopathy is strictly against it as allopathy suppresses the symptom of the disease that makes it difficult to judge the condition of the patient.
- Homeopathy cures physical, mental and emotional levels of a person and Ayurveda gives permanent immunity.
- Homeopathy has no side effects if taken in the proper amount and under the guidance of a homeopathic doctor. Also, the scope of side effects in case of Ayurveda is also very less.
Both Ayurveda and Homeopathy cure our body holistically and are the best alternative to allopathy. Both of these emphasize on eliminating disease completely.