Everyone wants to stay healthy. But it’s impossible to lose fat from the buttocks. Sitting has become a big part of our work and personal lives, and it makes our buttocks fatter than they need to be. There are three big muscles in the buttocks. Their names are gluteus maximus, gluteus minimus, and gluteus medius. Spot reduction is hard, but you can try some simple exercises to get rid of buttock fat. This article has pictures and a detailed description of the 15 best exercises to slim down your buttocks.
Will Walking Help Me Lose Buttocks?
In some way or another, walking is a part of everyone’s life. Walking quickly can be good for your health in many ways. But if you want your buttocks to be toned, you will have to work a little bit. You can tone your buttocks by walking on an incline and doing exercises that work your buttocks.
Simple Exercises You Can Do at Home to Slim Your Buttocks:
1. Deadlift with One Leg:
These exercises work on the gluteal muscles, also called the butt muscles. Good posture comes from keeping these muscles in good shape. They are also important for keeping your lower back in good shape.
- First, stand up straight and put the dumbbells on the floor.
- Lift your right leg slowly without losing your balance. Bend down to reach the dumbbells and wrap your hands around them.
- To finish the pose, stretch your right leg as far as you can.
- Keep both your legs straight. Don’t bend the leg that is extended or the leg that is resting.
- Try to hold the pose for at least 20 seconds.
- You can slowly move your extended leg back to where it belongs and stand up straight.
- If you lose your balance at any point during this stretch, you can slowly put your leg in a resting position.
2. Abduction of the hips to the side:
Hip abductor exercises strengthen and tone the glute muscles and make them look firm. They also help keep your pelvis stable. If you have strong hip abductor muscles, they help your body do well in any situation.
- Sleep on the floor on your side with your left hand folded under your head.
- Just keep breathing and put your right hand across your chest.
- Now, slowly lift your right leg up at an angle of 70 degrees.
- Hold that position for about 20 seconds.
- Then slowly lower your leg and do this 10 times.
- You can change sides to do these stretches.
3. Side Stepping Exercise:
Side-stepping is a body-resistance exercise that helps your legs and buttocks muscles get stronger in a big way. They make your buttocks firm and help you lose fat there.
- Put a small step stool down and stand up straight next to it.
- Make a fist with your hands.
- Place your left foot on the stool and your right foot next to it.
- Put your right leg down first, then put your left leg down next to it.
- Keep saying it faster and faster.
- Breathing is very important.
4. Step-Climbing Workout:
When you climb stairs, you use more muscles than when you walk, jog, or run on a flat surface. Climbing stairs works your glutes and gives your quads and hamstrings a good workout. It is one of the most effective ways to lose buttock fat.
- A stepping machine is something you can use at a gym.
- Even if there is a lift, take the stairs.
- You can go hiking.
Lunges are exercises that strengthen the lower body and tone the gluteus maximus muscles in the buttocks. There are a lot of different kinds of thrusts, like sideways, forward, and crosswise.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Put your left foot in front of you.
- Now slowly bend your legs 90 degrees without letting them touch the ground.
- Come back to standing and do it again and again.
6. Walk the Lateral Band:
The lateral band walk is an exercise that strengthens and stabilises your hip and knee muscles and improves your gluteal muscles. These stretches can help you get ready for high-energy activities like running or jumping. This is one of the best ways to get your buttocks smaller.
- Put a resistance band around both of your knees.
- Try to spread your legs out so that they are covered evenly.
- Make a ball with your hands by moving them forward.
- Slowly bend your knees to form a squat.
- If you want better results, use a strong elastic band.
- Take 5–10 steps in one direction, then do the same thing in the opposite direction.
7. Leg Lifting In Donkey Style:
This pose works on the gluteus maximus, which is the largest of the glute muscles and makes up most of the buttocks. It also makes your core and shoulder muscles stronger because you have to keep your body steady while you do it.
- Lie on the yoga mat with your knees and elbows touching the floor.
- Slowly lift your upper body toward the ceiling and make sure your elbows, knees, and heels are all in a straight line.
- Keep your elbows firmly on the ground and your head and torso straight.
- Now, lift your right leg as high as you can and stretch it as far as you can while keeping your left knee on the floor.
- Make sure the right foot is pointing up, and move it up and down without moving the left knee or the rest of the body.
- You will feel pressure in the area of your buttocks.
- Repeat the same thing on one leg at least 10 times, then switch to the other leg.
8. Ardha Chandrasana, or the Half Moon Pose
The Ardhachandra asana makes your ankles, buttocks, legs, spine, and abs stronger. Yoga not only helps you lose fat around your bottom, but it also strengthens the muscles in your stomach.
- Stand straight on the mat, turn to the left, and keep your feet as far apart as your wrists.
- Turn your right foot 90 degrees so that your leg is in the air, and turn your hip slightly in the same direction.
- Now, face the roof and stretch and lift your right arm above your shoulders.
- Try balancing your body weight on your left leg. Your left hand’s fingers should touch the floor and be 6 inches away from your left leg.
- Once you have the right balance, turn your head to the left and look at your thumb. You can feel it in your behind and behind your buttocks.
- Hold this position for a minute, then slowly lower your right leg as you exhale and your arms after that.
- To get rid of buttock fat, do the same exercise five times with both legs.
9. Leg Movements When Lying Down:
This is another exercise that helps you lose fat in your thighs, hips, and buttocks. It also makes those muscles stronger.
- Lie on the mat so that your back touches the floor.
- Align your knees, toes, heels, hips, and shoulders.
- Slowly lift your whole body, including your hips and toes, from your waist down. Try to keep your weight balanced on your shoulders.
- The palms of your hands should touch the floor.
- Now, move your legs forward and backward, making sure that your toes, hip, and waist don’t touch the floor.
- You will feel the pressure in your private parts.
- You can do this about 20 times, and for the best results, you should do three sets.
10. Triangle Stretched Pose:
This stretched triangle pose works the gluteus minimus and gluteus medius, which helps burn fat in the buttocks. It also strengthens the hamstrings and tones the waist and armpits at the same time.
- Stand with your feet far apart and your toes pointing in different directions.
- Now, open both hands so they are straight across from your shoulders.
- Slowly bend to the right from the waist, and use your right hand to hold your leg.
- Your left palm should be facing up. Try to keep as much straightness as possible in your left hand and left knee.
- When you turn your head to the left, your buttocks, calves, and arms start to feel pressure.
- Try to stay here for 30 seconds, then do the same thing on the other side.
Guidelines for Slimmer Buttocks:
Performing basic exercises like side stepping, jogging on an inclined plane, cardio, etc., will help you tighten your glutes and therefore lower the amount of fat in your buttocks.
- You may speed up the process of losing butt fat by exercising and sticking to a healthy eating plan.
- Consume only nutritious sources of carbs and lipids.
- Reduce the amount of junk food and sugary drinks you’re consuming.
- Instead of unhealthy fast food, fuel your body with nutritious fruits and almonds.
In the modern working world, sitting for long periods of time is practically inevitable. Constant sitting, however, causes the buttocks to sag due to the accumulation of fat. Losing weight around the buttocks is a painful process because of the way fat accumulates there. Getting back into peak physical condition requires consistent hard work and a commitment to a rigorous exercise routine. If you want to achieve your ideal buttocks reduction, then you should try these workouts.