Here, I would like to share my experience regarding hormonal changes. I was 24 and happily married. Suddenly I started facing irregularities in my periods. I have consulted many doctors, physicians and almost been for every treatment suggested by my relatives, friends etc. but all in vain.
Once a doctor suggested that I may suffer from PCOS. After an ultrascan, it was confirmed. I was given contraceptive pills and the doctor suggested me a diabetic diet to follow. Regular focus on diet, exercise, helped me a lot to come out of this misery situation. Now, I am a mother of a one-year-old baby.
Want to know what is PCOS actually?
PCOS i.e. Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is a problem in which a woman has to face hormonal balance in her body. Most of the women suffering from this syndrome find small size cyst on their ovaries. That’s why this syndrome is named as Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. This syndrome can come with many disabilities in your body such as
- You can face irregularities in your menstrual cycle.
- It can be a big barrier in your pregnancy.
- It can bring a drastic change in your look, your appearance.
- If it is not taken seriously or not treated well, it may cause serious health problems i.e.
- Diabetes, heart diseases, Cholesterol and cancer.
I was taking a healthy and balanced diet. Daily exercise was in my routine. I was thinking that what causes PCOS to me. How could I affected from this syndrome? When consulted by doctor, I was known for the fact that till date science could not understand the actual cause of PCOS. They believe that it is all because of elevated levels of male hormones that prevent the normal functioning of ovaries.
- It may be the genetic factor. It can be passed down to you from either of your parents’ side.
- It may pass down to you if any woman of your family is suffering from this syndrome or suffering from diabetes or irregular periods.
- Insulin resistance: Most of the women having PCOS are found to have insulin resistance i.e. cells inside their body could not utilize the insulin properly. Thus body demands more insulin and pancreas work to produce more insulin which triggers ovaries and led to increase in male hormones.
- Inflammation: Women having PCOS are often found to have inflammation in their body. According to a scientific study, it is found that inflammation led to elevated levels of male hormones in the body.
I want to tell you that if this syndrome is treated on time then you can easily recover from this syndrome. Thus, if you find any symptoms, then do consult your doctor. Most common PCOS symptoms are following:
- Acne and Extra facial and body hair
Change in one hormone triggers the change in another hormone. Thus, when the imbalance arises in sex hormones, you may get acne and your face and body may grow extra unwanted hair.
2. Weight Gain
Women suffering from this syndrome found to gain their weight and they find a big trouble in losing their weight.
3. Irregularities in periods
Some women find less than 9 periods in a year, some find the complete absence of periods and some find heavy bleeding during periods.
4. Fertility problems
Women suffering from PCOS find it difficult to get pregnant.
5. Cyst on Ovaries
Women with PCOS may find multiple cysts on their ovaries
Generally, women come under depression, if they are suffering from PCOS.
Have found any symptoms of PCOS? Don’t worry, just consult your doctor for further confirmation. Never lose hope and go for proper treatment.